- Designing and writing online help and printed manuals.
- Documenting APIs, use cases, training materials.
- Defining writing practices, standards and procedures.
- Translating user guides, GUIs and whatever I find interesting/challenging/helpful
- Documentation: MadCap Flare, DoctoHelp, Microsoft Office, Confluence.
- Images/Graphics/Video: Visio, SnagIt, Camtasia, Vyond, WalkMe.
- Version control: GIT, SVN, P4.
- CI/CD Tools: TeamCity, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Subtitling: Amara
- Other tools: JIRA
- Mar 2016 – Present – Technical writer at CA Technologies (Vienna, Austria).
- Apr 2014 – Feb 2016 – Technical writer & Spanish translator at SmartStream Technologies (Vienna, Austria).
- Jan 2015 – Mar 2016 – Proofreader for the Spanish Matura (school-leaving examination) at BIFIE – Austrian Federal Institute for Education Research (Vienna, Austria).
- Sept 2013 – Mar 2014 – Spanish language assistant at Education Board Upper Austria (Freistadt, Austria).
- Jul 2010 – Sep 2010 – Internship at the Spanish Translation Service of the United Nations (HQ) (New York, USA)
- Oct 2007 – Jun 2008 – Collaboration Grant with the Translation Department. University of Salamanca (Salamanca, Spain). Spanish Ministry of Education.
- Jul 2006 – Jun 2007 – Internship at the SAP Language Services Department
- Additional experience includes:
- Director of the Internship & Career Office at UCAV (Avila, Spain).
- Secretary at the Conference and Events Department at UCAV (Avila, Spain)
- Foreign Trade Technician at ADE International EXCAL (Lisbon, Portugal)
- Executive Secretary at the Conference of the Parties to the UN Convention to Combat Desertification (Madrid, Spain)
- Masters in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language (Universidad Pablo Olavide, Spain)
- Degree in Translation and Interpreting (Universidad de Salamanca, Spain)
- Exchange Student under the Erasmus scholarship program (Universität Heidelberg, Germany)
- MSc in International Trade (ESIC, Spain)
- 2018 – SAFe 4 Practitioner Certificate
- 2018 – DevOps Foundation Certificate – DevOps Institute
- 2012 – Negotiations Program – UCLA Anderson School of Management
- 2018 – API Documentation: Basic Programming – Udemy
- 2018 – Learn API Technical Writing: JSON and XML for Writers – Udemy
- 2017 – Localization Essentials – Udacity
- 2008 – Business German Course – Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf
To learn more about my work experience, visit my LinkedIn profile: https://at.linkedin.com/in/marinahernandezgarcia