- Analyzing, documenting, coordinating, and managing software product requirements to develop compelling business solutions.
- Defining the implementation of user experience best practices.
- Collaborating in test and rollout phases with customers.
- Working cross-functionally with other stakeholders to define, groom, and prioritize backlog items.
- Attending scrum ceremonies to ensure that development work is aligned with the roadmap.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on developed capabilities.
- Designing use cases and UML diagrams to illustrate the functional workflow and providing wireframes and mock-ups to design the user interface.
- Designing and writing online help and printed manuals.
- Documenting APIs, use cases, and training materials.
- Writing microcopy: UI labels and customer-facing messages.
- Creating engaging e-learning courses.
- Defining writing practices, standards, and procedures.
- Translating user guides and GUIs.
Tools & Programming Languages
- AsciiDoc (+ Antora)
- C (basic)
- Microsoft Power BI
- Google Analytics
- GIT / GITHUB / GITLAB
- XML documentation add-on for Adobe Experience Manager
- Adobe FrameMaker
- MadCap Flare
- Microsoft Office
Digital adoption platforms
- Articulate (Storyline, Rise)
- OpenAPI (Swagger)
- April 2021 – Present – Product Manager/Product Owner at Alpega (Vienna, Austria)
- Nov 2019 – March 2021 – Senior Technical writer at Broadcom (Vienna, Austria).
- Aug 2019 – March 2020 – Season of Docs (Google Developers) Technical writer at Open Food Facts (Remote).
- Mar 2016 – Nov 2019 – Technical writer at Broadcom (Vienna, Austria).
- Apr 2014 – Feb 2016 – Technical writer & Spanish translator at SmartStream Technologies (Vienna, Austria).
- Jan 2015 – Mar 2016 – Proofreader for the Spanish Matura (school-leaving examination) at BIFIE – Austrian Federal Institute for Education Research (Vienna, Austria).
- Sept 2013 – Mar 2014 – Spanish language assistant at Education Board Upper Austria (Freistadt, Austria).
- Jul 2010 – Sep 2010 – Internship at the Spanish Translation Service of the United Nations (HQ) (New York, USA)
- Oct 2007 – Jun 2008 – Collaboration Grant with the Translation Department. University of Salamanca (Salamanca, Spain). Spanish Ministry of Education.
- Jul 2006 – Jun 2007 – Internship at the SAP Language Services Department (Walldorf, Germany)
- Additional experience includes:
- Director of the Internship & Career Office at UCAV (Avila, Spain).
- Secretary at the Conference and Events Department at UCAV (Avila, Spain)
- Foreign Trade Technician at ADE International EXCAL (Lisbon, Portugal)
- Executive Secretary at the Conference of the Parties to the UN Convention to Combat Desertification (Madrid, Spain)
- Masters in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language (Universidad Pablo Olavide, Spain)
- Degree in Translation and Interpreting (Universidad de Salamanca, Spain)
- Exchange Student under the Erasmus scholarship program (Universität Heidelberg, Germany)
- MSc in International Trade (ESIC, Spain)
- 2018 – SAFe 4 Practitioner Certificate
- 2018 – DevOps Foundation Certificate – DevOps Institute
- 2012 – Negotiations Program – UCLA Anderson School of Management
- 2022 – Communication Strategies for a Virtual Age – Coursera
- 2021 – Several courses about requirements engineering – Pluralsight
- The Value of Capturing Requirements
- Tracing and Leveraging Requirements
- Modelling Requirements
- Managing Changing Requirements
- 2021 – Picturing Architecture (UML) – Pluralsight
- 2020 – Web Accessibility Bootcamp – Deque University
- 2020 – A Practical Approach to Instructional Design – Udemy
- 2020 – Working with Oracle Autonomous Database – Oracle
- 2019 – Introduction to Cybersecurity – Cisco Academy
- 2019 – Introduction to DITA – LearningDita
- 2018 – API Documentation: Basic Programming – Udemy
- 2018 – Learn API Technical Writing: REST for Writers – Udemy
- 2018 – Learn API Technical Writing: JSON and XML for Writers – Udemy
- 2017 – Localization Essentials – Udacity
- 2008 – Business German Course – Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf
- 2020 – Recognized as a key contributor to the AIOPS & Automation segment (Enterprise Software Division)
- 2020 – Broadcom’s Vienna Hackathon winner
- 2016 – Automic Automagician award (Top performer recognition award)
- 2019 – Perspektywy Women in Tech Summit – Warsaw, Poland
- 2018 – Write the Docs – Prague, Czech Republic
- 2020-2021 – Mentee at the Female Factor
- 2018-2019 – Mentee at Professional Women’s Network Vienna Mentoring Program. Topic: Career Advancement
To learn more about my work experience, visit my LinkedIn profile: https://at.linkedin.com/in/marinahernandezgarcia
You can contact me at @marinahergar.