I have several years of experience as a documentation engineer. I write technical content in English for several software applications (SaaS and OnPrem) and APIs and translate it into Spanish.
Authoring tools: MadCap Flare, Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe FrameMaker, Antora.
I also create training materials (e-learning courses, videos, PPTs for on-site presentations), design ux copy (error and system messages, tooltips, UI labels, user assistance) and define writing practices, standards, and procedures (style guides, css).
- March 2016 – March 2021 – Documentation Engineer at Broadcom. (Vienna, Austria). During my time at Broadcom, I won the company’s Vienna Hackathon in 2020 with a project I developed to create interactive documentation.
- August 2019 – March 2020 – Google Season of Docs – Technical writer at Open Food Facts. The goal of Season of Docs is to provide a framework for technical writers and open source projects to work together toward the common goal of improving an open-source project’s documentation. During the program, I spent a few months working closely with the Open Food Facts community to document their API with Postman.
- April 2014 – March 2016 – Technical writer at SmartStream Technologies (Vienna, Austria)
Learn more about my responsibilities here.
M.A. in Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language. New Technologies to Support Language Learning.
Master’s Thesis: Designing a Web Application to Learn Business Spanish.
I have completed the following courses to improve my knowledge of documentation, tools, and development languages:
- Semantic Web Training by Semantic Web Company
- A practical approach to instructional design (Udemy)
- API Documentation: Basic Programming (Udemy)
- Introduction to DITA (LearningDita)
- Learn API Technical Writing 2: REST for Writers (Udemy)
- Learn API Technical Writing: JSON and XML for Writers (Udemy)
Find below my latest posts about technical documentation: